Snow Joe, the parent company of Sun Joe, just released an updated model to the best selling electric pressure washer. The Sun Joe SPX3001 replaces the SPX3000. You can still purchase the old SPX3000 and save a few dollars but you may be interested in learning about the changes in the new model.
Below is a comparison chart comparing the Sun Joe SPX 3000 vs SPX 3001.
|SUN JOE SPX3000||SUN JOE SPX3001|
|PSI||2030 PSI||2030 PSI|
|GPM||1.76 GPM||1.76 GPM|
|Soap Tank||Dual 30 fl oz||Single 40.6 fl oz|
|REVIEWS||Read Reviews||Read Reviews|
Aside from a complete cosmetic overhaul, we can see that Sun Joe decided to take their number 1 pressure washer and make it better. Here are some of the key features and changes that were made:
- Both still have the same 14.5 amp – 1800 watt motor that generates 2030 PSI at 1.76GPM
- Both still have a 20ft hose and 35 foot power cord.
- You will notice that the newer SPX3001 weighs about 1lb more now. This really is not much considering it is still very light weighing in at just 32 pounds.
- The nozzles are now on the top front of the handle vs the back of the handle on the old model.
- The biggest change is the new hose reel on the SPX3001 pressure washer. Having this reel makes cable management so much easier. On the SPX3001 you just wrapped the hose on the side and around the machine by hand and it was never that easy. Now you can just turn the reel and it rolls right up.
- Another big change is that you now only get a single large detergent tank. If you want to store 2 different soaps than you may want to consider the OLD model.
If you have read my review of the Sun Joe SPX3000, you will know that I love this electric pressure washer and it is rated very high. Now that the newer model is out you may want to consider purchasing it for the few reasons stated above.
However, the OLD model may be a better buy currently because it is cheaper and still has a dual soap tank. If you do not need a dual soap tank, then I would recommend the newer model mainly because having the hose reel is much more convenient.
All in all the specs are exactly the same except you are just swapping a few features. If you are looking for the best electric pressure washer than you wont be disappointed with either of the models.