Powerhouse International is a relatively new brand in the pressure washer market. They are a small family owned business from Lincoln, Nebraska. They only sell electric pressure washers that they have found and tested to he of the highest quality and you can see by their Amazon reviews. Currently They average 4.999 out of 5 stars.
Right now they have just 2 electric pressure washers. They offer The Force 2000 and The Force 1800. On this page I am going to review both models and share some videos of both of them so that you can compare on contrast them so you know you are getting the best electric pressure washer available today.
Video overview and side by side shots of the Powerhouse International electric pressure washers:
This is a YouTube video where you can see the sizes of each pressure washer side by side so that you see some of the neat features that they offer. Right off the bat you will notice some major differences.
The Force 1800 is a lot smaller, has more attachments, and has larger wheels and a lower center of gravity so that you can pull the unit. Hence they call it a “follow me” pressure washer.
On the other hand, The Force 2000 is a larger unit that also includes my favorite accessory, a surface cleaner.
Both electric pressure washers output 1.6 gallons per minute, but The Force 2000 is much more powerful in that it produces a PSI force of 2000 versus The Force 1800 that only produces 1800 PSI. When I say only 1800, that is not a bad thing. It is still very powerful for an electric pressure washer and in my opinion is the perfect power washer for cleaning your car.
Now what sets Powerhouse International apart from their competitors is the fact that they offer an IPB. IPB stands for Initial Power Boost. The Force 1800 has an IPB of 2600 PSI and The Force 2000 has an IPB of 3000 PSI. 3000 PSI is higher than some gas models offer. This is amazing!! If you have a tough stain you are trying to get out where you need a lot of power, you could essentially just feather the trigger and blast it clean.
The Force 1800 Review:
This pressure washer has to be on my list of best electric pressure washers now. I need to update that list and I am sure this will be my new #1. When I first got the box delivered to my door I was amazed at how small the box was. I was thinking that I must have to build this by hand. Is this made by Ikea? To my surprise is was almost completely built right out of the box. Just had to attach the wheels basically.
This truly is a compact pressure washer that features a ton of power in a small enclosure.
My favorite part of The Force 1800 electric pressure washer is that it has a lower center of gravity and 2 wheels so that you can drag it around with out having to worry about it falling over when you yank on it. This is excellent for when you are washing you car and you need to go around back. I know others will say that you could just purchase a larger hose that attaches to the gun. This one comes with a 20′ quick connect hose and that usually is more than enough for most tasks.
Being that it is electric means you do not have to worry about a lot of maintenance and have to pay for gas. Pouring gas can get difficult and causes a mess with some of these new gas cans that are on the market. They say that they are no spill, but they seem to spill way more than the old style.
Anyways, being that it has 1800 PSI and an IPB of 2600 PSI, I have found that it offers more than enough power to clean just about anything around the house except for tough stains on concrete. Even my 3000 PSI gas pressure washer has a difficult time on the concrete though too, so for that we will leave that to a larger commercial grade pressure washer. Cleaning the concrete driveway with a pressure washer is a task that I do only once every 2 years or so.
The Force 1800 comes with a handful of attachments (more than the Force 2000). You get:
- a turbo nozzle that does a great job when you need to concentrate on a small spot.
- an adjustable nozzle that lets you adjust it on the fly from a large fan spray to a pencil point tip.
- a soap canon. These are great for cleaning the car. Just add your soap and you can foam your car to get that gas station car wash feel.
- a brush which I like to use to scrub the floor and patio.
- a 90 degree angle tip that is perfect for reaching up to clean the inside of the gutters. You could also use this to clean underneath you car as well.
What I like:
- competitive price
- doesn’t tip over when you pull on it
- doesn’t leak. Also comes with a wrench to quickly and easily attach/detach your garden hose.
- small and compact for easy storage
- enough power to get almost everything done around the house
- lots of great accessories/attachments included already and they easily attach to the unit for storage
- hose is not super stiff like other I have used.
What I do not like:
- no clear way to store the gun and hose. I just wrap it up and set it on top. Seems to work for now. I do like how all of the attachments easily attach directly to the unit.
Overall this unit is well worth the money. Not only is it priced well but offers all the features you expect out of an electric pressure washer. I just wish it was easier to attach the hose. Maybe they could tweak the design of the top handle so that it is more like how vacuums manage cables. you could wrap it around that.
Check out my unboxing video of The Force 1800:
Washing the car using The Force 1800 Electric Pressure washer and mini review
I will have some action videos up shortly. Check back soon.
The Force 2000 Review:
If you have read my review on The Force 1800, then you will find this one very similar.
The Force 2000 is one of the best electric pressure washers on the market right now. There are however a few downfalls, but that is made up by some major advantages over the competition.
This pressure washer looks very similar to the competition in terms of design. You have a standard stand up unit with a hose real on top. Being how it is designed, when you yank on it to try and move it it can quickly fall over and you have to go pick it up. This is why Powerhouse International’s other pressure washer is such as better design.
When it comes to power this is the best electric pressure washer in terms of power due to its impressive 3000 PSI Initial Power Boost. No other pressure washer that I know of has an IPB. We are talking 3000 PSI. This is getting into the range of gas power. This unit has more than enough power to clean everything around your home and includes a ton of accessories to help you do it.
Those attachments include:
- A FREE surface cleaner. This is on my list of best pressure washer accessories. Using a surface cleaner gets the job done so much faster and more efficient.
- A variable fan nozzle that lets you adjust how wide the spray is on the fly
- A Turbo nozzle that is perfect for concentrating on a certain spot. It spins to help make cleaning more powerful and faster.
- A foam canon. These are great for pressure washing the car. I put in my car wash soap and it soaps down my car for me. Then I just take it off and rinse the car with the variable fan nozzle. This makes washing your car a breeze.
Things I like about the Force 2000:
- Lots of power. The 3000 PSI Initial Power Boost is something that the competition just does not offer
- Super high quality parts at an affordable price
- Includes a surface cleaner and other great attachments
- All attachments are able to be stored on the unit including the gun and the top hose real is a nice touch too
- TSS – Total Stop System. The unit shuts off when not in use so it is not super noisy like a gas unit can be.
- Customer service. Nichole the CEO of Powerhouse International says that customer service is her number 1 concern and will go out of her way to make sure everything is perfect for you.
- I received a custom note written on the box with Nichole’s personal cell phone number and email. Great to see companies that care!
Things I do not like:
- building the surface cleaner was sorta tricky. The screws were not lining up correctly. It would be nice if there was some sort of groove and tough that helped to line them up. Anyways not a huge deal but it did take some extra time to get it fully assembled.
- Does not come with some of the other attachments that The Force 1800 has like the brush and the 90 degree nozzle. There are extra spots for the attachments on the pressure washer itself. Also I am not sure if you can purchase those other attachments or not. I guess I would contact Nichole and I am sure she can work something out.
Overall I highly recommend this pressure washer for anyone who is looking for an electric unit with enough power to do just about anything around the house. You will get a great product that has a 1 year warranty and excellent customer service should anything be wrong. I know some people have received damaged or even cracked units and The company will replace it instantly for you. It also feels great buying from a family owned business versus large greedy corporations.
Here is my unboxing video of The Force 2000:
Please check back later and I will have posted some action videos and my overall review. Currently I am having trouble to find a nice day where it is not too windy.
Here is a video comparison of The Force 1800 vs The Force 2000